Institutional Mission Statement
The mission of the University of Houston is to discover and disseminate knowledge through the education of a diverse population of traditional and nontraditional students, and through research, artistic and scholarly endeavors, as it becomes the nation’s premier public university in an urban setting. In this role, the University of Houston applies its expertise to the challenges facing the local, state, national and international communities, and it establishes and nurtures relationships with community organizations, government agencies, public schools and the private sector to enhance the educational, economic and cultural vitality of the city of Houston and the state of Texas.
Educational Program Objectives
The UHIE Education Program Objectives are:
- Provide the knowledge and skill set for graduates to meet or exceed the expectations of the industrial engineering profession with respect to professional knowledge, responsibilities, and advancement.
- Prepare graduates to pursue advanced studies in industrial engineering or in other disciplines if they so choose.
Student Outcome Evaluation Criterions
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Industrial Engineering Program Enrollments
|Fall 2008||Fall 2009||Fall 2010||Fall 2011||Fall 2012||Fall 2013||Fall 2014||Fall 2015|
Industrial Engineering BS Degree Awarded
|Academic Year 2008||Academic Year 2009||Academic Year 2010||Academic Year 2011||Academic Year 2012||Academic Year 2013||Academic Year 2014||Academic Year 2015|